Tuesday 7 July 2015

Japan – Expensive Punctual Lifestyle

It is always a pleasure in exploring various countries and that too in an entertainment mode or mood. In that list, I wanted to explore the Japan. After making a steady plan, I made myself to visit Tokyo for few days draining Indian Economy and boosting the Japanese Economy. And I did it almost.

Born and being brought-up in India is always a curse because you don’t the value of Time and Life. But the Japanese culture does it. As soon as I landed-up, there was a shuttle bus which takes me to The Narita Port Hotel which is actually renamed as Narita Gateway hotel. I didn’t update my time in my hand phone, but to my surprize it was there exactly ON-TIME. Generally, in India we used to be ON-TIME by mistake. When we arrive ON-TIME, you will not have the right respect and mileage. But it is just opposite in Japanese culture. Wasn’t that much satisfied with the Hotel Accommodation as it was exactly the size of our Kitchen in my house. But it was compact and tight fit for an individual.

The next day, I was impressed and pulled by seeing the name “Narita Free Transit Tour Program” at the Airport. Wow! That was good news for an individual like me. So attempted to ping at that desk on the next day morning. Since it would open at 9 AM, went to the departure floor to have a morning meal at McDonald’s and surprisingly it was less equivalent to the London pricing. Not of a greater taste, but it was my saviour. At around 9, there was a woman with excessive lip-stick convincing the Australian Woman who was on transit. I was waiting in the queue and got into her for discussion. After 15 minutes of discussion, she said that we have to pay for the Transport and the term “FREE” was only for the Guide. Not a disappointing one, but used for this in South Korea while I was with Prof. Dr. Dong Hwa Kim. The bus arrived ON-TIME and we were asked to pay JPY 210. We thought it would be around 50 miles for the destination. But it was the height of my stupidity. He came around the Airport as Lord Ganesha did around his father and mother and dropped us at a spot just behind the airport. It was not even 4 miles by road and just 1.2 miles by air.

I learnt that the life is such expensive in Japan and made myself to proceed with this. The next day I went to Tokyo where I learnt that the real Japan is there. Much of crowd, absolute silence without any honking or loud speech. But one thing which I need to notice is the integrity and respect they rendered to me though not being any official. Some were interested in knowing about the religious identity mark on my forehead. And the Narita Express line is one of the most expensive trains I have travelled in the world, yes it was an almost JPY 5,000 for a distance of 60 kilometers and it is worst so it travels in almost 1 hour 30 minutes.

The cost of a Blazer Jacket was JPY 25,000; suite JPY 79,000 for my size. I get them in India for JPY 4,000; suite JPY 8,500. The worst thing is that the cost of a brief (underwear) was JPY 19,000 and you get 8% Tax refund on this money which you pay provided condition that you don’t use it in Japan. My crazy mind said to buy one such and come back to my country and post a photography saying that it is Japan Brief. But my bureaucratic mind refrained me doing it.

The culture is perfectly shaped that no mistakes occur. The schooling mechanism teaches everything that they require for their life. The Life Science classes in their High School impressed me very much. Heard that cooking is also a part of their classes in High School which carries equal value in the examinations. There is no theft at Japan and I tried by placing my mobile in a public place named AEON Shopping mall, Narita. After 15 minutes, a small boy saw that mobile and informed the McDonald’s representative. It was a good experience.


The flat nose and small eye guys are really the best. I would surely go back to Japan to see these flat nose and small eye guys. Probably my son or daughter would need a school education in Japanese schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment